It's a new year and the perfect time to rid yourself and your home of negative energies.
This is how to use one of our Smudge Sticks:
Light the smudge stick with a match or a lighter. Allow it to burn for thirty seconds to a minute, then carefully blow it out.
Start at the front of the house and then move clockwise around your home.
The practice of burning white sage with a clear intention can help to restore a sense of calm and while it can be used as often as required, it can be particularly useful:
- When moving into a new home.
- When you want to cleanse the energy from a particular room or object.
- When your mood or energy is low.
- When you need to ground and refocus your spiritual energy.
- When you have decluttered your space.
- After periods of stress or illness.
- After having company in your home.
While cleansing with white sage is ideal for clearing the air on an energetic level, it also has a few other practical uses. It releases negative ions that fight against things like dust and pollution. Research has also shown that it can clear 94% of bacteria (for up to 24hrs) which is why it’s great to use when you’ve not been feeling well.
Never let the burning sage stay unattended for any reason. Also, take care not to inhale too much of the smoke.